Friday, June 1, 2012

Ready, Jetset, Glow!


“Business or pleasure?” These two reasons for hopping on board a flight may separate travellers into different classes of seats, but cabin conditions, dry air, environmental stress and fatigue usually results in the same damage to the skin during travel. Many travellers usually complain of dry skin, which in the long run results in fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin and a sallow complexion.

SK-II believes that these multiple signs of aging are due to one cause – the loss in “radical firmness” (in addition to your fabulous jetsetting lifestyle).
“Radical firmness” is defined as a visible firmness in the skin, determined by the thickness and elasticity of the skin, as well as the integrity of it's basal layer.
To put it most straightforwardly, aged skin is thinner, less springy, and also does not renew itself as quickly as young skin.

The solution that SK-II has developed is Stempower, a moisturiser promising to not only combat the multiple signs of aging, but also to turn back the clock and give you skin that's 10 years younger.


SK-II Stempower contains a plant-derived ingredient (Siberian ginseng, to be exact), the Stem-Acanax Complex which helps the skin's production of “lift-proteins”, giving skin a renewed plumpness. Results are quick and visible in just 10 days, thanks to its high active penetration formula.

Measuring this 10 year improvement is possible with the SK-II Magic Ring, a diagnostic device that analyses 5 key factors in skin age: texture, radiance, spots, wrinkles and firmness.


SK-II's Beauty Consultant Training Manager Nitiwadee Songrienchai 
demonstrating the SK-II Magic Ring  


The "Ageless Vector" is a measure to gauge your skin age based on 
the angles of your skin's fine lines. The more horizontal the lines, the younger your skin looks.

For frequent fliers wishing to get their hands one the SK-II Stempower, be one of the first to try and purchase it exclusively at Singapore Changi Airport from June 1, 2012.
It will be available at the SK-II counters in Singapore and internationally from 15 August 2012 onwards.

Price(exclusively at Changi Airport): S$116 (50g) & S$167 (80g)

Price(SK-II counters in Singapore): S$149 (50g) & S$219 (80g)


Not a jetsetter but want to be one of the first in Singapore to try SK-II Stempower?

Click here to join the exclusive StyleShoppes Contest by 15th June to win a full sized SK-II Stempower (worth S$219)!

-------- 

What We Say:  Mia Tan & Joanna Koh weigh in on SK-II Stempower while sharing their travel skincare routine 

Mia Tan, 30s, Entrepreneur  



What are your main skin concerns? 
My main skin concern is combination skin, so it's difficult for me to find a moisturiser that balances the different zones in my skin. I tend to get the occasional breakouts. 
In last couple of years, I've begun to realise that my skin is not as plump and supple as before. 
I also want to even out my skin tone because I have some old scars from pimples. 

Where have you travelled to recently? 
Recently I've been to different islands in Thailand for beach holidays, and my last long-haul flight was from Singapore to Boston. 

What type of skincare regiment do you adopt while travelling? 
Before I board the plane, I make sure that I put an extra dose of moisturiser, and I will pack a moisturising sheet mask in my hand carry luggage which I use during the flight to combat the dryness. I also do not use makeup when I board the plane.

Is it any different from your regular skincare routine? 
Yes, I usually do not use as much moisturiser on regular days because I feel my T-zone gets oily.

How did your skin feel the first time you tried SK-II Stempower? 
I was pleasantly surprised because I thought it was going to be sticky since it was a cream moisturiser, but when I applied it, it did not leave a greasy film on my skin. After three days of application, combined with the unique SK-II massage technique demonstrated at the event, I could see the firming effect. 

What's your favourite thing about SK-II Stempower? 
I love that you don't have to use much, a little bit goes a long way. 

Any downsides to using it? 
At S$219 for 80g, the price is a bit steep, but because the results show, I think it is worth it. 


--------


Joanna Koh, 20+, Makeup Artist



What are your main skin concerns? 
As I spend many hours in the sun for work and sports, I hope to prevent and possibly reverse sun damage, which is also a main cause of aging. 

Where have you travelled to recently? 
I visited Italy on holiday this year where we spent two weeks eating and drinking our way through the country. 

What type of skincare regiment do you adopt while travelling? 
I make sure I apply sunblock with a high SPF as I know I will be out all day exploring. Also, because the air in temperate countries is a lot drier than in Singapore, I apply more moisturiser and sometimes carry around a moisturising spritz. 
However, I still felt that my skin was extremely dry when I was in Italy, possibly from the climate, and although I didn't wish to admit it, the alcohol in my daily wine consumption also made my skin dry. 

In Singapore, what's your skincare routine? 
I use a toner and moisturiser daily, with sunblock under my makeup. At night I try to moisturise my cheeks more as I have combination skin. 

How did your skin feel the first time you tried SK-II Stempower? 
The Stempower moisturiser was absorbed quickly by my very thirsty skin, it felt smooth and silky to the touch after. 

What's your favourite thing about SK-II Stempower? 
I love that I can see visible results, just after 3 days of using it, my facial contours were more defined and my skin felt firmer. 
The dry areas of my face also feel much more moisturised. 

Any downsides to using it? 
I try not to apply too much of it on my nose and forehead as I have combination skin and some pimples on my t-zone, so I was advised by Niti (SK-II's Beauty Consultant Training Manager) to use less of it on the oilier parts of my face. 


Joanna now uses the SK-II Facial Treatment Essence daily and loves it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment