Friday, December 14, 2012

Facial Cleansing Wipes Reviews

As a makeup artist, I use cleansing wipes at almost every job. Sometimes models come to photo shoots with makeup on and we need to remove that before starting again, and sometimes we change makeup looks so many times we have to keep cleaning it off.

Also the great thing about wipes as compared to carrying around a bottle of cleansing oil or makeup remover, is that it won't spill in your bag - best for travelling or for the times you can't get access to water. It's really useful when I go straight to cycling from work and I'm at a far-off place where there's no bathroom, and I need to remove my makeup.

I have tried a few different wipes and here's my review of those from drugstore brands.


Nivea Daily Essentials Fragrance Free Cleansing Wipes

This is my go-to wipe for any job, because it's fragrance free, there's one less worry about irritating the skin with added fragrances.

It does remove makeup thoroughly, although on very waterproof mascara and eyeliner, you will have to hold it to the skin for a few seconds before wiping off, so as to give it some time to dissolve the makeup.

Available in single packs of 25 wipes, or twin packs of 2 x 25 (about $15) which are slightly cheaper if you use alot of it.

Nivea Daily Essentials Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes


Just like the fragrance free version, this one removes makeup effectively, but not as quickly as the former. 

On the plus side, the cotton is much much softer than the fragrance free version, so it won't irritate dry and sensitive skin.
It's also cheaper than the fragrance free version, at $8.80 for 2 x 20 wipes at Mustafa in Little India (favourite all time haunt!) 



Garnier Clean Sensitive Gentle Facial Cleansing Wipes

This one removes makeup including mascara really quickly and well, but it does feel a little soapy during use, and so I usually go over the face again with a baby wipe to remove any residue of any cleanser stuck on the skin, if I am doing another makeup look. 

However, if you're going to wash your face right after, then you'll have no problem with the formula. 
Price wise it's pretty good, at $5.90 for 25 wipes (At Mustafa again, but they also do sell this in the other drugstores like Watsons.) 



Australis 3 in 1 Wipes
I was sorely disappointed with these wipes from Australis. It claims on the packaging "gently removes all traces of makeup including mascara". Hell, I could not even wipe off eyeshadow with this. 
Also claimed it was "moisture rich", but it felt dry, and therefore could not even dissolve any makeup. 

Don't waste your time or money on this. 


Biore Cleansing Oil Cotton Sheets


Okay, this, my dear friends, totally takes away ANY kind of waterproof makeup you may have on your face. The Biore ads where they remove half a face of makeup cleanly? Believe them. 

For this, it is so saturated in cleansing oil, and you will have to give you face a good wash with facial cleanser after, to remove the oil, but all your makeup will come off cleanly without any tugging or rubbing. 

It comes in a hard plastic box, where you can buy refill packs of 48 sheets once the initial supply runs out. For the frequent traveller, they sell them in tiny packs of 10, and I've bought them for vacations where I don't want to be carrying around bulky packs of makeup removers. 

---- 

So how about you? What type of makeup remover wipes do you use? Write me a comment and share with me too :) 

Oh, and do follow me in Instagram , my user name there is "silverfrond" 

<3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">

No comments:

Post a Comment